Internal Medicine deals with prevention, diagnosis and treatment of non-surgical adult diseases, no matter how common or rare, or how simple or complex. Internists are specially trained to solve confusing diagnostic problems and can handle chronic illnesses and situations where several different illnesses may coexist. They also bring to patients an understanding of wellness – disease prevention and the promotion of health.
- Initial management of acute medical problems and arrange collaborative care
- Management of chronic diseases such as Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and Lipid Disorders
- Management of endocrine diseases such as thyroid disorders, Digestive System and Kidney and diseases, blood disorders and disease of the Respiratory System such as Asthma and Allergy
- Provide advice on disease prevention, health promotion, nutrition and exercise
- Conduct and coordinate Annual/Periodic Health Checks
- Aviation Medical Examinations and Off shore Medical Assessments